Friday, June 9, 2017

#TGiF111 Shiny Stuff

It's a super cool landscape style sketch for this week's #TGIF111 Challenge and I LUV it!
This sketch challenge came just in time to put some new product to use.  One of my first must have items I ordered from the new caty was the Happy Birthday Gorgeous Bundle.  When it comes to thinlits and framelits I am always drawn to the word/text dies.  So, this is why this bundle was not only in my first order, but it was the first thing I used from the order.
My ink colors include:  Powder Pink, Peekaboo Peach, Flirty Flamingo, Sweet Sugarplum, and Berry  Burst.  The card base is Powder Pink and the strip of pattern paper is from the Wood Textures DSP.
I was intrigued by a technique shared by Dani Dziama where she used the Fine Tip Glue Pen to make her framelit cut out dimensional and shiny.  As soon as my first new order arrived I tried her technique and was totally jazzed with how awesome it turned out.

To get the shiny look simply squeeze the Fine Tip Glue Pen to paint the entire surface of your desired piece or area.  Once my "happy birthday" piece was dry I layered it on two more cut "happy birthdays" to give the die cut a thicker and more dimensional in appearance.
Thanks for stoppin' by today and lettin' me say happy Friday and bring on the weekend!
Now go stamp something amazing :0)

No comments:

Post a Comment