Friday, October 14, 2016

TGIF #77 Awesome Sketch

This is such an awesome sketch challenge.  You should see the fabulous entries over at TGIF and better yet it would be fun if you joined in the stampin' action and add your take on the sketch.  Think of the possibilities with this layout as it's perfect for tags, a long and narrow card, a scrapbook page, or whatever paper project you have in the works.
For my take on the sketch I interpreted the largest panel of the layout with a watercolor wash.  I used Sweet Sugarplum on Shimmer White card stock.  For the next layer I added pieces of Playful Palette Washi Tape and then finished the sketch with a glittery birthday cake.  The Blushing Bride Glimmer Paper cake was cut using the Party Pop Up Thinlits, which I have to say is beautiful in person.
Lately I can't seem to get enough twine.  I LOVE BAKERS TWINE.  It used to be that I thought "glitter made everything better!"  Now, "twine makes it divine."  I know that's totally hokey, but I have just love it.  The grey and black twine is from the Halloween two pack that you can get in the Holiday Catalog.  The flowers were punched using the Blossom Builder Punch and the 2016-2018 In Color Enamel Shapes.


No comments:

Post a Comment