Friday, September 16, 2016

TGIF #73 Positively "Happy" Negative

Check this challenge from TGIF.  It's the coolest theme challenge I have seen in a very long time.  All you do is die cut or punch any shape you like and use the negative piece as your focal point.  For my card I knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I was looking to create a clean and crisp red and white Christmas card.
Though this card is clean and simple in design it was not fast.  It didn't take a super long time, yet care had to be taken to set all the die cut pieces in place.  After I ran the Hello You Thinlet through my Big Shot I did NOT remove the "happy" from the Real Red Card Stock.  Instead I turned it over and added tiny pieces of Stampin' Dimensionals to all the negative pieces I wanted to keep.  Then I flipped it all over and attached it to a Whisper White Card Stock base.  I used a Paper Piercer to gently remove the thinlet.  To finish I added my MOST VERY favorite twine ever (love that stuff) the metallic red and white from the Candy Cane Lane pack
and a pair of Mini Jingle Bells.


No comments:

Post a Comment