Wednesday, February 18, 2015

One Design, Two Times

A while back I shared a "One Design, Two Times" post and I thought I would show another look at my double down way of working.  For this duo I used the same technique, watercolor stenciling, and elements like a full panel of background paper, a card stock layer, and then an embellishment for each card.
On each of the card stock layers I have added a hand painted greeting using the Hello You Framelits.  Now I have not cut the words, painted them, and then glued them in place, instead I cut the words from Vellum Card Stock and then used the vellum negative for a stencil.  I applied Two-Way Glue to the stencil and let it dry completely so the adhesive would be temporary.  Then I positioned my stencil on a piece of card stock and watercolored inside the cutout.
Once the paint was dry I carefully pulled the stencil away.  I added some White Signo Gel Pen, Dazzling Diamonds Glitter, and Project Life Pen details to highlight the words.  For the "you rock" card I even watercolored the Wooden Embellishment.  I waited for it to be dry before stampiin' it.

The cool thing about this stencil watercolor technique is that the stencils are reusable for several applications.  I will mention I tried this same technique with light-weight window sheets and it DID NOT work.  I was hoping to create a more permanent stencil but, it was a failure.  Even though the Two-Way Glue dried on the plastic it left behind a residue of stickiness on the card stock.  And not just a little that you could rub off with an adhesive remover, but a lot.  Enough to totally kill it (in a bad way). 

No comments:

Post a Comment