Sunday, January 25, 2015

Watercolor Embossing

I love Sunday evenings because it's a time to chat with my fellow Monday Montage friends on Facebook and post our Monday Montage Blog Hop.  I totally click through the hop and admire the creative skills of my Stampin' Up! friends.  So, grab your popcorn and enjoy the show!
For this hop I am sharing a card that makes me completely happy; when I see it I smile.  The background paper, for me, is truly the star of the show.  I call the technique Watercolor Embossing and it's quite simple yet offers such a cool look.  A look that can never be duplicated.
Here is how you do it:
1.  Preink an embossing folder with dye based ink.  For this card I used both Crushed Curry and Blushing Bride.  I swiped the ink in opposing corners to keep my pads clean.
2.  Spritz the inked folder with water in a Stampin' Mister.
3.  Insert a piece of cardstock in the folder and run through the Big Shot.  I used Coastal Cabana.
The embellishments on the card are a menagerie of yumminess.  There is nothing better than sequins, washi tape, glimmer paper, chevron ribbon, bakers twine, and a ribbon rosette.  The heart is stamped with my most favorite image from the set Hello Life.  It's just become a "go to" stamp for me in the past few weeks of crafting.
From Dara Gloden
To Julie Warnick


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for the mini tutorial! Can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This may make you smile, but it makes my jaw drop! It is absolutely gorgeous and creative. I just want to sit and study all of the wonderful details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the background is the star but your embellishment is star #2...fabulous....wonderful....definitely will give this a try...TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning…absolutely stunning! Love all the fabulous details. Thanks for the hints on how to achieve this look!

    ReplyDelete