Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Seeing Spots

This post includes a new favorite of mine--the Large Polka Dot TIEF.  I had the chance to unpack this new accessory of mine and play with it a bit on this theme challenge from Hand Stamped Sentiments.  The colors really popped out for me for this challenge.  So, I went with a Coastal Cabana, Blackberry Bliss, Whisper White, and Silver palette.
I started my card with a full 6" x 9" sheet of Watercolor Paper.  I folded it in half and then embossed the front with the Large Polka Dot TIEF.  Then time came for the real fun of the card.  I grabbed an Aqua Painter and ink pads and swooshed color on the dots. The look was a bit intense so I swiped a Whisper White ink pad across the dots and then I instantly loved the look.  It was from there that it made me think of making a simple baby card.
The Little Letters were cut from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper.  That's another new accessory that I love.  It's gorgeous and easily takes color if you want to change it up a bit.  The small scraps of DSP are from two different packs of paper, the In Color 2013-15 Stack and Park Lane.
While I was working on the challenge I noticed that the July Paper Pumpkin kit perfectly fit the colors I was using for the challenge.  I pumped up the kit by added a few tools that were out on my stamp table.  The first was some washi tape which I added to the striped box.  It was so easy and the finished look is so cool.
My second add to the kit was the Large Polka Dot TIEF and last a few scraps of Soft Sky card stock.  It's a fun kit with lots and lots of possibilities.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Elizabeth, what a fabulous ensemble of projects! I love all of them, but especially the baby card. That dotted background sprinkled with flower punches is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete