Sunday, April 6, 2014

Watercolor Wonder'ful' Fan Garland

If you know me well you know that I had to make a garland with the Watercolor Wonder DSP, because I make them with just about every pack of designer paper I buy. Garlands are probably my number one favorite thing to make and here's why. You can display them across your mantel or along a mirror in your home and people think they are cool and totally impressed when they find out you made them. I mean if you were to display all your hand made cards they might think you're a bit kooky. And let's face it as stampers and paper crafters we like to see what we have made.
For my mantle this month I have it fully loaded with with the Celebration Basics Kit, the Calypso Coral Add On Kit, and my "convertible fan garland" made the Watercolor Wonder DSP and the Bow Bigz Die. More about that below.

  • Quick Tip:  For a huge kapow of gold shine, coat each of the celebrate letters with fine Gold Glitter. Press each letter on a Multi-Purpose Adhesive Sheet and then cover with glitter--no mess, no fuss, totally gorgeous.

Now for the coolest detail about my garland. I mentioned it was convertible, well here is what I do. I simply turn the garland around, reposition the bows, and then I have a completely new look. Don't you just love it when you can double dip? I always love getting a bigger bang for my buck.
  • Quick Tip #2:  Score an entire 12" x 12" sheet of DSP at 1" intervals, accordion fold on the scorelines, adhere all the folds on one end and flair the folds on the opposite side for an easy EASY dimensional pennant, totally perfect for a garland.
  • Quick Tip #3:  Hot glue velcro pieces to the bows and garland to be able to reposition the bows from one side to the other.

2 comments:

  1. Elizabeth what great banners. I love how you incorporated the gold and I like all the small circle pieces too! Awesome. Thanks for sharing all the tips too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog banner. And the glitter on your banner looks amazing. What a great use of dsp! Thanks for the tips. I love the Velcro for the bows and how the whole thing is reversible!

    ReplyDelete