Sunday, October 20, 2013

Simple & Stylish for Monday Montage Hop

I know lots of people are stampin' holiday cards and gifts and things, but I just can't quite do that yet. I am hanging at the beach for this month and I am not interested in Christmas colors or stamps, I seem to be wanting to hold onto summer. I mean my view is the beach and the sky is clear blue with temps around 80 degrees. So, do you understand why I am still in a summer mood?

For this installment of Monday Montage I kept with summer colors like Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, and Smokey Slate. My card is simple yet stylish with a bit of honeycomb texture and a mini garland. Yes, garlands of all shapes and sizes are my FAVORITE! So, why not put them on cards? It's a great place for them.
To make my mini garland I used the Artisan Label stamp set and matching punch. I strung them on a piece of Bakers Twine from the Tag kit in the main catalog. I also added crinkly flowers made with the 7/8" Scallop Circle punch and Jumbo Rhinestones for a touch of panache.
From Dara Gloden
To Julie Warnick




5 comments:

  1. Fabulous. The colors are fabulous and the banner is fabulous. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card! I love the Artisan Label Punch as the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your little banner card and using the Artisan Label punch for the banners is such a smart idea!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you put together banners/garlands/bunting... whatever you want to call it. The little sparkly flowers are adorable!

    ReplyDelete