Saturday, August 31, 2013

My Heart Sings When I See Halloween

Yeah it's Saturday and time for a color challenge at the Fall Collection of Create with Connie and Mary. You can see that it is perfect for Halloween and of course that is what I decided to design, a Halloween card. I grabbed markers and the typographic image of Shakespeare's "toil and trouble" for my focal point. I have always liked these lines from Macbeth because it reminds me of a poem my mom helped me write in the 3rd grade. It started something like this: "Peach pits, drippy zits, banana slugs, potato bugs..."
For the skull image I inked it up with a Basic Grey and a Smokey Slate marker. The eyeballs actually look like they are glowing with the addition of the Basic Rhinestones which adds to the fun of it all.

4 comments:

  1. Geez, your talent is limitless - you make amazing cards AND write poetry. lol
    I love the rhinestone eyes on the skull and the color combo. I'll have to try it!
    I've got a Halloween blog hop tomorrow, so I hope you'll come by my blog. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is Halloween. Great card. What skull couldn't use a little bling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you colored the background with markers and the bling for the skull eyes is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love how you inked up the stamp with all the different colors! And those rhinestones are just perfect! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete