Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Man Caves

Are you getting ready for Father's Day or celebrating the man in your life's upcoming birthday?  If you are you have to check out the ideas for masculine man cards at Hand Stamped Sentiments.  The #119 challenge this week finds inspiration from "the man cave."  Is there a man cave at your house?  There is one at my house, well actually there are two plus a fenced off side yard full of race car parts.  So, that makes three for me (oh thrill). Each filled with tools and gear for racing cars and a motorcycle.


For my card I decided to create a hybrid project using My Digital Studio and traditional products because my husband just bought a Prius C.  I selected the motorcycle as the focal point because he just passed his motorcycle riders training test.


I started the card on My Digital Studio with the Motorcycle stamp and then filled it in with the splatter image from the Extreme Elements.  The splatters are at various levels of opacity which I feel adds a great dimension to the look.  On a separate page in MDS I stamped a couple greetings and frames from the brand new Seriously Awesome brush stamp set.  When I was finished with my digital stamping, I printed my pages on Whisper White card stock, cut them out, and then layered them on Island Indigo and Basic Black card stocks.  To finish I added a spritz of Silver Foil Smooch and Moonlight Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink.  One detail I like to include on masculine cards is a cool and easy frame.  I simply score the second layer right along the edge of the top layer, cut out the corners, and then fold the second layer up, easy peasy :0)


All Supplies from Stampin' Up!
Stamps - MDS: Motorcycle, Seriously Awesome
Inks - MDS: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Cherry Cobbler, Cajun Craze, & Basic Black
Paper - Whisper White, Island Indigo, & Basic Back Card Stocks
Accessories - Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Silver Foil Smooch Spritz, Moonlight Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink, Stampin' Dimensionals


Happy craftin, Elizabeth
http://seeinginkspots.blogspot.com/2012/05/man-caves.html

3 comments:

  1. I just LOVE how you used the splatters to colour the motorcycle, Elizabeth - genius! The way the image is slightly off the edge of the card looks fabulous too. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cool! Great way to use the MDS and I love how you cut out the sentiments, lots of action there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool card! Wonderful hybrid card! I know your hubby will love it. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete